Welcome to SEGL TV! We hope this new endeavor will help us stay connected in these difficult times. See below for our program line-up! (If you would like to add programming to SEGL TV, please contact Natalia at email@example.com.)
- March 26, 2020, 12:45PM EST: A conversation with Clark Neily, Vice President for Criminal Justice at the Cato Institute and 2018 SEGL Golden Mug Award Winner, hosted by Mia Felt, SEGL Class of Fall 2019
- March 26, 2020, 8PM EST: Virtual Networking Night for all SEGLettes (graduates and current students) hosted by Yvana Petros (Fall 2013)
- March 27, 2020, 7:30AM EST: Wellness Demonstration: How to travel around Capitol Hill and help your parents stay fit with Daisy Bopp (daughter of SEGL Head of School Noah Bopp) on her super fast scooter
- March 31, 2020, 12PM EST: Wellness Chat: How to stay centered in the COVID-19 era with SEGL Director of Wellness Dr. Patricia Thomas
- April 1, 2020, 8PM EST: Virtual Networking Night for all SEGLettes (graduates and current students) hosted by Natalie Caloca (Spring 2017)
- April 2, 2020, 7PM EST: Watch and discuss the Oscar-nominated documentary Cartel Land with its producer, Tom Yellin (Fall 2019 parent)
NOT-YET-SCHEDULED Programs (TIMES/DaTES TBA)
- 60 Minutes with Shari: Watch and discuss “Born Good? Babies Help Unlock the Origins of Morality” with Emmy Award-winning producer Shari Finkelstein (Fall 2019 parent)
- Running for Office in the Coronavirus Era: A Conversation with New York State Assembly candidate Cameron Koffman and campaign manager Martin Rather (both Fall 2013)
- Weekly Virtual Networking Night: Grab the beverage of your choice, pick a virtual room, and change the world!
- March 24, 2020, 12PM EST: Cooking with Susana Heureaux, SEGL’s Food Coordinator and Chef – link to segment here.
OTHER COOL LIVE STREAMS
- Politics & Prose “P&P Live” channel: Join longtime SEGL guest speaker (and Golden Mug Award winner) Lissa Muscatine and the staff at DC institution Politics & Prose bookstore for conversations with top authors.
- Nightly Metropolitan Opera Streams: Watch encore presentations of the Metropolitan Opera’s best opera performances each night.
- BlkFrs TV: Watch Shakespeare performances live via Facebook.
Zoom Teleconferencing Software
SEGL TV is powered by teleconferencing software called Zoom. You do not need to sign up for Zoom or install the Zoom software to participate in our conversations, though there are a few limitations if you do not–namely, you will only be able to see the hosts during the conversation. If you do not want to sign up for and install Zoom, skip down to the appropriate instructions below.
Smartphone: To participate in a show using a smartphone (Android or iOS), install and sign up for Zoom using the app on your phone. Go back to your phone’s browser, and click the “Join the Conversation” logo above. It will open Zoom on your phone and take you directly to the conversation.
Computer: To participate in a show using a computer, you can sign up for and install Zoom here. If you already use Google products (like GMail), you can sign up using the “Sign In with Google” button. Once you’re done, click the logo above, and install Zoom using the “download and run Zoom” button. It will then take you to the conversation.
If you do not want to sign up for and install Zoom: Click the logo above, then click “start from your browser.” It will look like the image below. Then, enter your name in the correct prompt. No need to install Zoom!
Using Zoom: Once you’re in the conference room, you’ll receive a prompt to “Join Audio by Computer.” Click that link.
Zoom will now ask to access your microphone. Allow it to do so by clicking “allow” on the prompt that appears. Now, click on the camera in the lower left hand corner. Zoom will now ask to access your webcam; allow it to do so. You should only have to do this once:
Your microphone will be muted once you enter the conversation, but the hosts and the other guests will be able to see you. You may turn your webcam off by clicking the camera in the lower left hand corner again. If a host has invited you to speak during a conversation, you’ll need to turn your microphone on by clicking the microphone button, also at the lower left corner of your screen.